3.10.2013

hello sunday + 5 recent observations

 photo cathy-trails-update-blog-neon-scarf_zps9d21b3b2.jpg
Well, hey there! I feel like it's been so long since I've posted an update and feel like I have so much to catch you up on. A part of me is still holding onto whatever is left of Winter (I live in Arizona so I attempt to get the most value out of purchasing scarves, winter coats, boots since winter is usually short) .

With the exception of this past Thursday because there was...

...

HAIL! Weird. Not normal here.

What has everyone been up to? Are you anxious for Spring to come and do some Easter egg hunting/spring cleaning/St. Patrick's Day celebratin'? Or are you still in winter mode?

And what have I been up to? Loving life, honestly. It's Sunday, the sun is shining, my green tea is lovely, and once I finish up sharing my thoughts with you I have a yummy half of a chicken sandwich from Bandera. Life is good and I can't complain, I won't complain. I got an A in my first ever web design class and moving right into my second class and working my little tail off everywhere. My theme song for the week is right here.

Some Recent Observations/Thoughts


1. Why are women so vindictive towards one another? 


Scenario A: Of course, I don't believe that every woman on this planet is like this but I always seem to observe the same thing over and over. The other day, I read a FB update that involved a woman (let's call her Betty) calling another woman (let's call her Anne) a bitch just because Betty felt much older than Anne.

Scenario B: When Betty sees another woman that looks better than her, she immediately deems Anne a bitch and may even make up excuses to not give Anne credit for working hard on her physique. Example: 'Look at that skinny bitch. She must starve herself and takes diet pills to look like that." I don't remember the last time I overhead a man say, "Look at that asshole, looking all ripped up in his Gucci shirt. He must take steroids." Wait...I don't think I've EVER heard guys talk like that before!

Sigh. I want to see women have a tighter sense of community and support. I know it's not impossible because men have had it for ages now. For now, all I can do is encourage community-building between women on a small scale. Something is better than nothing.


2. No, you can't expect a fad diet or weight loss surgery to keep the weight off forever because you never understood the concept of eating right paired with regular exercise. 


3. Artificial sweeteners are gross. Fake. So are a lot of foods that are in the middle aisles of the grocery store. 


4. Oh, you want to be an astronaut? A college professor? Graphic Designer or CFO? Work for it. Hard. Just don't give up if you really want something bad. Persist and results will come. 


5. Failing to plan is planning to fail. 


Thanks for hearing me out and I hope life has been treating you all wonderfully. Have a relaxing weekend friends!

-Cathy 

1 comment:

  1. I have never got women like that and the ones that always say how they can not friends with other women. If you can not be friends with other women something is wrong with you big time. I have self esteem so I can get along with other women and have smart and beautiful friends and not feel bad about myself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...