1.16.2013

Currently

Watching:

Nothing in particular. Between working full-time (sometimes more), writing, reading, eating, sleeping, working out, quality time, and cleaning - - it’s tough to sit still and watch tv. My “watching” habits are pretty inconsistent and I actually like it that way. I’m proud to say that tv takes up a very small part of my life.

There have been two movies I have watched recently that deserves attention, one in theatres and one on DVD. Les Miserables - powerful, moving, emotional, action-packed and full of mind-gripping/heart-wrenching sorrow...in other words, watch it.

Killer Joe. If I had to use one word to describe it, it would have to be twisted. A good twisted, though. If you’re in the mood to watch something unexpected, a little dark (oh wait, I mean a lot of dark), and curious to see Matthew Mcconaughey play a different role altogether - this one’s for you!
Photobucket
Pinterest
Listening to:

Songs on repeat on the radio. Who’s also not a fan of the radio but also can’t help listening to it while driving? Since getting a new car that has a working CD player - - I think it’s finally time to start building up a new music collection. I’m taking any suggestions!

A few songs that I can’t stop listening to: “Scream and Shout” by Will I Am and Britney, “Clique” by Kanye West, and I still cannot believe I’m not sick of this yet.


Photobucket
Pinterest
Planning:

A good number of things. Did you catch my post before this one? That should give you a very clear idea of what I’m planning to accomplish this year. I’m anxious to start my first class in Web Design in a few weeks so I can finally start expanding my mind with more tools and technical skills. I’m planning on being more focused on my career and financial planning more than ever so if you know of any financial gurus (or website design mentors), don’t be shy and let me know. I’m always looking to pick other people’s brains for more ideas on how to plan, plan, plan.
Photobucket
Thinking about:

What I’d actually be like to have a freelance career. I’d imagine it would require a whole ton of self-discipline, amazing time management skills, and the ability to disregard all distractions. I’d like to think that I would be pretty good at it but because I’ve never had a freelance career - I wouldn’t really know.

I’ve also been thinking about the ongoing discussions of gun control in the US, the pomodoro technique, how anyone can settle for less than what they deserve, and the habit of making excuses. Personally, I don’t feel taking guns away from people will take away violence. In the movie Killer Joe - a guy smashes another guy’s face in with a pumpkin puree can. Does that mean we should take away canned goods? The pomodoro technique has been helping me stay focused while dutifully checking things off my list (look it up, it’s pretty helpful!). People who settle for less...it’s a story that I’ve heard in varying degrees, the girl who stays with her abusive man because she feels that’s the best she can do; the guy who is too scared of leaving his drug addicted girlfriend because he is afraid of being alone...and would rather be with someone bad than be on his own...Oh, and when people tell me they can’t do this because (insert common excuse here), I just want to cringe.


Working on:

Finding the right eating plan. So far, I’m on week 2 for not eating bad carbohydrates for 5 days (monday - friday) and then whatever I want on the weekends. During those 5 days, I’ve been doing my best to have as many green smoothies as possible (spinach, kale, dark chocolate, blueberries, apples - -whatever it is that will make it taste not so greeny) so that I can reap the benefits of these super foods. I’m working on finding the right balance in my day to be as productive as possible (I have the tendency to go, go, go and when four hours pass by - the exhaustion hits hard...I need to work on taking more breaks).

Making me happy:


This.
Photobucket
My brother holding the new puppy Nikki Minaj

Just the thought of buying a new book. DISNEYLAND!!!! Paid holidays from work. Having my boyfriend warm up my freezing hands. Wrapping my cold hands around a hot cup of tea. Eating pizza on the weekends and not feeling an ounce of guilt. Spending time with immediate family as well as my own. Dark chocolate covered almonds.

I want to thank you Danielle and Megan for the inspiration for this type of post.

1 comment:

  1. Cathy! Oh man, I'm so behind, but I loved this post. I can't wait to see Les Mis, and I'm with you on so many of your thoughts. Complaining usually doesn't get us anywhere! So excited to see where you end up career-wise. I think freelancing is right up your alley, madame.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...