10.30.2012

What We Did on Saturday: Pony Rides and Pumpkins

You know those moments in life when you think to yourself, 'Ah-hah. Now this is what I'm talking about. This is exactly what keeps me going back to my job Monday-Friday. This is why I work so hard and do what I do - - to experience this' For me, this happened when I peered down at my right hand, seeing my boyfriend's daughter's tiny hand hold onto mine - - and then seeing her hold onto my boyfriend's left hand. Seeing us as a family. Laughing. Simply enjoying the weekend together.

So, this is what people mean when they talk about wanting to have a family - - that feeling of having your own pack...a combination of pride, love, and companionship all wrapped up into one with a classy red bow on top.

We started our Saturday off with a home-cooked breakfast kindly provided by my boyfriend: jalapeno and cheese omelete, crispy slices of bacon, and hot cups of tea and grape punch. Followed by a visit to the local Pumpkin Patch better known as the McDowell Farm. It wasn't just any old Pumpkin Patch, though. Oh, no no. Pony rides, sand art, a petting zoo, hay mazes, paired with temperatures in the upper 80s. It was a beautiful Saturday. It's moments like these I never want to forget. 
Here are some photos from the Pumpkin Patch:

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Aww Cathy- your family is just too cute! Moments like these make it all worthwhile, right!?

    xx
    Holly Foxen Wells
    GlamourMash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Holly! The compliment gives me a huge smile on my face. Yes, it's soo worth it!

      Delete
  2. Great photos! And it looks like you had really good weather too!
    If only we'd still have weather that great round this time of year :D!

    xoxo Grace
    - aka your newest follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fantastic..in fact, the weather might have been a little too hot but would rather have that than snow right? Thanks for the comment Grace!! :)

      Delete
  3. Looks like y'all had a blast... Love that you're so happy lady. And you're so right, you work hard so you can play hard ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very happy. Life is so sweet, just trying to hold onto everything through pictures - - before it becomes a distant memory you know? I'm sure you understand because of your new addition to the family :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...