4.29.2012

Traveling? No Gym? No Gear? No Excuses.

Source: Pinterest
It used to be so difficult to start an exercise routine when I was in Arizona. Working a full-time job, a part-time job at the gym daycare while maintaining a social and family life were just one of the many excuses I had to avoid exercising. Ironically enough, I even had a free membership at the gym I was working at yet rarely took advantage of it. Times have changed as well as my environmental surroundings. By the way, the picture above was introduced to me by a close gal pal which really motivated me to post this blog. Also, I recently saw some great pictures of some of my best girlfriends participate in the Arizona Warrior Dash and am so Proud of them!! Kudos girls!!

So, one would assume that being on the road, traveling from country to country, would make it even more difficult to establish a workout routine. I honestly thought so myself! I never have guaranteed access to a gym (plus European gyms seem to be quite pricey being approx 1000 Euros/year), living situation is always up in the air, and no exercise gear in my traveling pack. Now, how senseless would it be to travel with dumbbells and an exercise ball everywhere I go? Baggage check-in fees would be ridiculous!! However...

It is NOT impossible to exercise while on the Road. Why? 

I'll tell you why right now. Just get moving! Anywhere! Did the ancient Romans have gym facilities? Did the Egyptians have P90x? No, they just built the Pyramids instead! Below, I will show you my favorite workouts that you can do absolutely anywhere. Remember, no excuses!

You only need a towel for this one. No towel? A long sleeve shirt. Anything, really!

You just need some shoes.

Or how about these?

And, while you're at, check out this blog:

In addition, I never have been one to 'count calories' or completely eliminate carbs or sugar. It's quite simple, really. Eat until you're full. Don't let your stomach become your personal wastebasket. Look at food as something to savor but also a source of energy and life. And remember, 1 hour is only 4% of your day. Can't you spare just 1 hour to love your body?
Need more motivation? Here you go:
Source: Pinterest
Source: Pinterest
Source: Pinterest
Source: Pinterest
Source: Pinterest
Source: Pinterest
Source: Pinterest
Source: Pinterest
No matter where you are, where you're going, what your occupation is, there's never a valid excuse to forget yourself. Always love yourself because that's just one of the key ways to maintain a positive attitude and, as a result, figure out that happiness was always nearby. 

Do you have any workout tips to share? If you're traveling right now, how do you stay in shape? 

-MsCathy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...