3.24.2012

10 Things I Wish I Knew About Life...At the Age of 18.


1. Choose what to believe. We are always exposed to new information, not just daily, but by the second. Don't always believe everything you hear and take ownership of what kind of thoughts (positive/negative) you want floating in your head.
2. Anything...and, I mean anything is possible. And, if anyone tells you differently, prove them wrong and go for it. I used to think it would be impossible to do something that I actually loved because it didn't seem 'practical'.
3. Don't take it personally. At the age of 18, I recall being quite vulnerable to what other people would say to me. Little did I know at the time, any insults/judgements were all just a reflection of the attackers' own insecurities - - projecting those onto me.
4. It's okay to fail. Because if we don't fail, we do not learn how to do things a little better each time. Take peace in that.
5. Follow your heart. Do what you please, do what makes you happy - - because in the end, it's your heart on the line - not anyone elses'.
6. Trust your instincts. They are there for a reason and is saying something - - it's the Robin to the Batman of following your heart.
7. Fear is just a negative word for challenge. Overcome those fears by taking on a new challenge.
8. Laugh at yourself. Not only is it healthy, but it's beneficial to not take others' negative criticisms
9. Now is always the best time. After reading The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle, I realized how much power lies within each current moment. Do the things you want to do now. There's no better time than now.
10. Guessing does nothing, just ask or take action to figure it out yourself. I used to assume things when I was 18, stupid things. 'Oh, he didn't call me back...it's probably because he doesn't like me'. Taking action is the best way to finding any answer in this world.

Magic Fountain of Montjuic


Do you have anything you might like to add to this list? What are some other things you wished you had known at that time?

MsCathy.

4 comments:

  1. the wise words from my sister! Changed my perspective on life

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! In fact, the older I get the more "comfortable" I am with myself and my life. My forties have been great so far, and it's liberating to focus on what I want for my future instead of what someone else thinks I should do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!! The more years I add on, I feel more wise and so free. Isn't it empowering??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...